How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. ~ Psalm 119:9-11
The struggle with purity has less to do with "quitting that behavior" and more about how you stage your heart for daily living.
A formula for winning the purity battle:
The psalm tells us how to get pure:
- To live according to God's word.
- To seek God with the same intensity you use to seek impurity.
- Ask God directly to keep your focus on the right thing.
- Spend your idle time thinking about how to honor God.
- Make God's instruction a part of your vocabulary.
GO DEEPER: Job 31: 1-12
Next Step: Today, commit to pray for anyone in your field of vision. Whether in person or on the screen. Offer a short prayer of blessing through the day.